Teachers, schools, and districts can reserve a one to two-hour "experience" at our lab. These experiences are led by our CalTeach undergraduate teachers in training and experienced staff members at UC Merced.
- STEM activities are catered to the NGSS standard that you are covering in your classroom.
- Open to grades K-12 student groups
- Students get to experience hands on science in a scientific lab at a top tier University!
How to Reserve Your Visit to the Learning Lab
*The CalTeach Learning Lab is officially booked for the 2023-2024 academic year!!! Use the link below to sign up for our email list and be the first to know when reservation requests open for the upcoming year!
STEP 1: Complete the learning lab 24-25 sign-up list
STEP 2: You will receive a follow-up email from our Special Programs Coordinator, Mariah Gonsalez at email@example.com, or any other CalTeach staff with details/questions about your visit to the lab.
STEP 3: You will receive a reservation confirmation and appropriate waivers/documents will be sent out to the main coordinator of the visiting K-12 student group to fill out.
Field Trips can include a campus tour & dining experience!
Campus tour: Virtual Tour Options are available here
Dining reservation: Dining Options can be found here
Some Experiences in the Learning Lab include:
- STEAM activities
- Having fun with Math (hands-on math learning concepts)
- Let's Be Engineers!
- Chemistry Experiments
- CalTeach Outside! (environmental science activities)
- Robotics: Using Microbits & Programming
- Biotechnology Experiments
Please check back to see an updated list of experiences that you can register for Spring 2022.
If there is a specific subject/activity you are interested in, please email our Special Programs Coordinator, Mariah Gonsalez at firstname.lastname@example.org