FAQs about the Learning Lab (Applies to both in-person and Virtual Experiences offered)
1) I am a teacher/school coordinator who is interested in bringing my class to the Learning Lab at UC Merced. How do I reserve a time?
STEP 1: Fill out the following form: https://ucmerced.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eVigXqVkI71Mkh8
STEP 2: You will receive a follow-up email from our Special Programs Coordinator, Mariah Gonsalez at email@example.com, or any other CalTeach staff with details/questions about your visit to the lab.
STEP 3: You will receive a reservation confirmation and appropriate waivers/documents will be sent out to the main coordinator of the visiting K-12 student group to fill out.
2) How many students can the Learning Lab accommodate?
The capacity of our lab is 24 students.
3) What if I have a student group larger than 24 and I want them to participate in the Learning Lab experiences?
If you have a student group larger than 24 then we can work with you to reserve a time at the Learning Lab for longer than one hour.
For this timeframe, we would also split up the groups and rotate them through activities for the half-day.
Please contact our Special Programs Coordinator, Mariah Gonsalez at firstname.lastname@example.org on how that process would work!
4) What kind of activities does the Learning Lab offer?
The Learning Lab offers hands-on STEM experiences for visiting K-12 students.
- STEAM activities
- Having fun with Math (hands-on math learning concepts)
- Let's Be Engineers!
- Chemistry Experiments
- CalTeach Outside! (environmental science activities)
- Robotics: Using Microbits & Programming
- Biotechnology Experiments
If your student group has specific requests for your activity, select your category and our staff will work to craft the 'experience' for your students.